Monday, March 2, 2009

H<3G TRL !!!

trl
Welcome to H<3G TRL!!! Here's a few of my favorite music/videos for you screaming tweens, except these songs are rediculous and your requests mean nothing.
ON WITH THE SHOW!!!
(some full music videos, some just audio with pics and lyrics)

Rodney Atkins - "Watching You"
I shit you not, this is for real. I almost pissed my pants laughing when I heard this on the radio (yes I listen to the country channel, for songs exactly like this, and I had a Garth Brooks tape stuck in my car for 2 years). Anyway, this song is all about getting his kid a Happy Meal at McDonald's with nuggets, fries, an orange drink and a toy. Then praying in a barn. I could've gotten stoned and written this while waiting for my nuggets in the drive-thru and now I'd be a millionaire.


"Beer Run" by Garth Brooks & George Jones
B, double E, double R, U, N!!! here is a version starring various musical cat pics. There needs to be a lot more of this style video on tv.


"Have You Forgotten" by Darryl Worely
There could be an entire sub-category of country music just about 9/11 but here is my favorite jam. Example of lyrical genius:
"Don't ya tell me not to worry 'bout Bin Laden,
...Have you forgotten?"
I can just picture this dude, sitting around trying to think of things that rhyme with 'Bin Laden'. Below is a fan-made slideshow including a bald eagle with a teardrop.


"Blame It" by Jaime Foxx
Someone lost a bet, or this is a joke or there was some fine Columbian going around the backlot that day cuz the first 30 seconds of this video is brain-melting.
Spoiler Alert! If you don't feel like watching let me break it down with bullets...
-it's a Jamie Foxx video,
-directed by Hype Williams (who I blame for Aaliyah's untimely death, RIP Baby Girl) -starring Jake Gyllenhaal (Prince of Persia, Prince of Nepotism)
-Forest Whitaker (overrated wonk-eye who edited me out of 'Waiting to Exhale'
for which I will never forgive him)
-Ron Howard (Frost/Nixon looks boring but Angels/Demons looks jammin')
-Samuel L. Jackson, Quincy Jones, Bill Bellamy, Tatiana Ali, some jazz musician
Mix all this mess together with T-Pain, a crunk panda bear, a bottle of Henny, some bi-racial video ho's up in da club and you get the following...


Honorable Mentions:
"The More Boys I Meet, The More I Love My Dog" by Carrie Underwood
"BBQ Stain" by Tim McGraw
"She Think's My Tractor's Sexy" by Kenny Chesney

And still, my ALL TIME favorite weirdest music video ever, no special effects, endless cameos abound, kind of like 'We Are the World' but way better, trying to have a plot?, and not related to the song in any way whatsoever, I highly suggest carving out 6 minutes, sitting back, watching in HQ and trying to recognize every single person, gather some friends around and make a game out of it, the answers are all in the end credits, ladies and gentlemen, I give you...
"Liberian Girl" by Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment